Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thing a Week Project 11 Part 03: The Machine Room

So I started hammering out details of the room and placing a lot of the pieces I created and started kitbashing all around the room. Needs some work; obviously, but what I did notice as I was placing objects and moving them into certain positions I was giving myself an overwhelming feeling. Which is actually something that I want to achieve in this piece. You see the wires and devices and just the overall messiness which gives the viewer something to think about. What the hell happened? Why is the room so beaten and broken? What caused this building to be abandoned? Once I get more details (and clean up some of the clutter for just flow sake) and start texturing I can get the history behind it all and get another strong piece that tells a story. Here's the WIP shots for tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment